I painted this on the evening of May 2, and may change the date of this post later. My computer went into a coma over the weekend…and it’s just back in my control as of today. I will post another painting that is related tomorrow and have more to say then. For now, this was done at night, on a whim, with oils. Bert bought these at the farmer’s market. I would have chosen something else, because this color is almost impossible to paint. They were $4 and they are still perky over a week later. I really did not think I would even attempt them, but I guess I was wrong…When I changed the vase they were in and cut them down they just looked so amazing on the dining room table after a day of cleaning the apartment…the cool against the warm table in the light. We spent about an hour trying to figure out what type of flower they were. I got a download of the name “Dianthus” after a while and they have sub species, this one being, believe it or not, “Purple Bouquet”( Dianthus)! So I could’ve just gone with that as my original idea for the title and been done with it!